Wednesday, April 2, 2008

My experience of writing these blogs

The psychodynamic perspective helped me reflect a lot on my childhood. We learnt about the different psychosocial and psychosexual stages in class but through this project we could reflect and recollect our incidents and relate to the theory. Now every time I look back in my past, I have a psychological reason and theory to relate and reason it with. It helps me look at life from a completely different angle.
I was an introvert and now that I write these blogs about my self without hesitation implies that I’m an extrovert. This change in me is remarkable and I know the reason for it and how it took place because I can relate to Adler’s superiority and inferiority complex, Maslow’s hierarchy of needs and also to Horney basic evils which are much related to childhood.
Writing these blogs made me recollect memories which I wouldn’t have pondered upon by choice. No one would ever want to recollect their childhood if they spent it as social rejects, or if they had parents who expected a lot from them as children, or even if they had low self- esteem. Writing these blogs helped me not only to recollect all that had been concealed but also to find out causes and affects of those things. I realized through this writings that my parents played a major role in my life without me realizing at that very moment. Now, I understand that if it wasn’t for them or for a few true and loyal friends, I would been under-confident all my life. My need for self- esteem according to Maslow’s theory would have remained more than unsatisfied.
I really loved writing these entries because I did not consider it to be as my big psychology homework, as I wrote each entry slowly taking my time to reflect upon my past and relate it to my present, connecting to the various theories.

Sources cited-

Pictures

http://prawfsblawg.blogs.com/prawfsblawg/images/cartoon_blog_5_1.jpg

No comments: